Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to Structure...

While I love summer time, I must admit, I am a little excited that school has started. During the summer, I feel so lazy. If I don't have to get up and be somewhere, I don't rush into the day. I make sure that we are all bathed, dressed and ready for the day, eventually!! It has been nice to relax and not worry about hurrying for anything, but now it is nice to get myself going and feel productive.

Summer did go way to fast...I had a lot of fun hanging out with my kids all day every day. They are getting so big so fast! Now that it is over, I have two girls in school all day!! That is crazy to me. Lauryn started 3rd grade on Wednesday. She was excited to get back to school and to see her friends. She is hoping to make some new friends this year, a couple of hers moved over the summer. She had a great first day. She loves her teacher and she is excited about everything she is going to learn this year.

She had her outfit picked out last week and was so excited to wear it and to use her new school bag. She went to school and one of her friends said, "Lauryn, you got glasses, I didn't expect that!" That made her laugh.

She is getting so big!!! Where have the years gone?? My baby is growing up!!

Katelyn did not get to start yesterday. At our school, the first graders meet with their teacher the first day and then start the second. I guess they need to ease them into a whole day at school. Katelyn was excited to meet her teacher. She got a tote tray with her crayons and scissors and pencils in it and she got to pick her desk! That made her happy!

Kate must have been excited for her first day...she got up with the alarm clock and made her bed and got dressed all while I was in the shower. I was surprised when I got out and she was standing in my room ready for breakfast. At the end of last year, I had to drag her out of bed every day. I am hoping this last all year, but I am not expecting it to. The girl likes her sleep!! I am hoping that she has a great first day and adjust to all day at school without any problem!!

That big smile of hers...love it!!

It is so strange to have two of my kids gone all day!! I miss them both during the day, they are my helpers. But I know I must let them go, I am excited for them to learn and grow!! I can't believe how fast they are growing up!! They make me proud!!


Hears to a great year at school!! Love you girls!!

2 comments:

larah said...

How great! I hope that both the girls continue to love going to school. They looked so cute on their first day outfits!

Hope you have a wonderful school year. When does Dylan start?

Manny and Jana said...

Oh how cute! It's amazing how fast times goes. Lookin' good girls!