Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lauryn turns 10!!

It is so hard to believe that my first baby is 10 years old already!! A decade!! Where has the time gone? When she was born, Brady and I were living in St. George and we were happy newlyweds. I don't think we could have ever imagined the change that one little girl could bring to us! We were so excited to be parents and to welcome our little angel into our family. Lauryn has always been such an easy child to be a parent to. She is easy going, a real people pleaser, a sweetheart, and a great help to her parents!!

Lauryn Makenzie
born Thursday, September 7, 2000 at 7:50 p.m.

Lauryn was born 3 days after her Papa Brad's birthday and 2 days after her Papa Dwight's (aka Papa Dewey) birthday. She has always shared her family birthday party with one or both of her grandpas. This year we celebrated on Papa Dewey's actual birthday, he turned 60 and Lauryn turned 10. Papa wanted a steak dinner and Lauryn was more than fine with that! She was excited to eat and party with the family.

Of course present time is always fun!! She is one spoiled little girl! She has a lot of aunts and uncles and with grandparents and parents, she got a lot of fun stuff. Clothes, shoes, boots, a purse, ds games, lotions and body scrubs...she was very happy and really couldn't have asked for anything more.

As I have mentioned on other birthday posts, we do birthday dessert at our house because we are not major birthday cake fans. Papa wanted coconut cream pie and I told Lauryn that we could make anything that she wanted and she choose grandma's pecan pie. (My mom makes the BEST pies!!) So that is what she got!!


Excited to dive into her pie!!

The next day being Labor Day, everyone was off school and work so we decided to head up to the mountains for one last picnic of the summer with my whole family. It was such a nice day, cool in the morning, but very nice during the day! We went to Silver Lake which is up by Brighton. We love it up there!!

My sister Jess, my dad and I...going for a walk around the lake!

Lauryn enjoying the walk.


It was such a beautiful day!

Some of the girls.
Lauryn, Aunt Jessie, Stephanie and Aunt Amy
Laura and Katelyn

We had a great time at the lake and extended the party another day!

Today was Lauryn's actual birthday! After school and work, we took all the other kids to grandma's and Lauryn got to go to dinner with just mom and dad. She knew that she got to pick the restaurant for her birthday and she had actually decided several months ago that she wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse, so that is where we headed. Lauryn loved it!! '

Lauryn getting a big "Yee haw" from everyone at Texas Roadhouse!!



Enjoying dinner with mom and dad!


I can't believe how fast my Lauryn is quickly turning into a beautiful young lady. She is beautiful inside and out! She has the sweetest heart and is truly such a joy to be around! I love you baby girl and hope you had a great birthday!! You are loved and adored and we all treasure you as a part of our family!!

Also, Happy Birthday to my dad!! We have had several close calls with him over the last couple of years, one of them was just in August. We are so blessed to still have him with us and to celebrate another year with him! I love you dad and I hope you enjoyed your birthday weekend!! Happy 60th Birthday!!

2 comments:

larah said...

Happy Birthday Lauryn! Texas Roadhouse is my favorite place to eat! Love those rolls!

kanaboke said...

I don't know why, but that post just made me tear up! I guess it's cause I miss you guys! Can't believe Lauryn is already 10!!!! She is growing up to be such a Beautiful Young Lady! Happy Belated Birthday Lauryn!!