Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Good Listener??

Dylan has been waiting somewhat patiently to get the Principal's Pride Award. He kept telling me that he was never going to get it. Every time someone else in his class got it, he would get a little sad, and when his sisters just both got it, he seemed pretty sad. I assured him that he would get it someday he just had to keep working hard and do his best work.

Last week the letter finally came home. He was so excited! Ran to me with the envelope saying, "Mom, Mom, I am finally getting the Principal's Pride Award!!" He was so excited! Knowing that the principal always tells the kids what they are getting the award for I asked Dylan what he did to get the award. With a big smile on his face he says, "Mom, I am getting the award for being the best listener in the whole class!" Well lets just say I was totally shocked by that! Anyone that knows my Dylan, knows that he can listen but at home it usually takes a few times of me repeating myself before he listens.

The big morning arrives and it was hat day at school. Dylan was so excited to get his award and for me to be there. As I am listening to what the principal says about Dylan, not only is he not the best listener, he doesn't listen AT ALL!! Dylan was recognized for being a "Math Magician" his teacher said that he had excellent number recognition!
Dylan is a good student and has been having a great kindergarten year, but he has made a lot of progress the last couple of months. He is doing so well and his teacher always tells me how good he is and what a great kid he is. I told his teacher what he told me and she and I had a good laugh about it. She tried to tell me that he is one of the best listeners in class. I told her if that was true I really felt bad for her! She does have several difficult kids this year though, so maybe Dylan really is good to her, who knows?!?

Dylan, we are proud of you and the work you are doing and all that you are learning, even if you can't listen! But, we already knew that!! :)

1 comment:

Manny and Jana said...

That is hilarious! Another classic moment brought to you by Dylan! Good work buddy!