Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Baby is One!!! ALREADY!?!

Where has this last year gone?? Has it really been one whole year since Jaxon joined our family?!? He has been such a joy to all of us!! He is such a sweet little guy and we could not be happier that he is a part of our family!!

Jaxon was born October 14, 2008 at 8:06 pm. He weighed 7 lbs and 14 oz and was 20 inches long. He threw us all for a loop, he was the first of our children to have light hair and skin at birth. His hair has not changed, except to get more red!! I love it!!

What a sweet little guy!!

Was he really so small?? How easy we forget!!

This is our handsome little devil today!! He is the sweetest little boy and then he just turns on you and he has the temper of a stereotypical red head!! But with those big blue eyes smiling at you, how can you get mad him or not love this face!?! With his temper he has earned the name "rojito" or "little red," which is the same name, just different languages. \"/ Both names fit even if he is not mad!

Jaxon has been a challenge when it came to eating. He never did learn to accept the bottle, actually, more like he REFUSED to take it!! He has been my third arm for a year. But a couple of weeks ago, I finally had enough and I cut him off!! It has been so nice!! He would not drink formula, so I just transitioned him to a sippy cup with whole milk and he LOVES it!! Thank goodness!! He has started sleeping better at night and he is generally happier, and so am I!! (Although, I must admit, sometimes I do miss the close bonding time that we shared while he snuggled up to me and ate.)

Jaxon is getting into everything, being a typical 1 year old. He claps, laughs, kisses mom and he will give you five, but he isn't walking yet. Two of his older sisters love to pick him up and carry him everywhere. I keep telling them that they need to leave him alone and let him learn to walk. He does stand up and walk along furniture, but still has a way to go before he is walking, but that's okay with me, he is the baby and I want to hold on to the baby stage. It does make me so happy that he still loves to hug and snuggle with Brady and I. He is so sweet!!

I am so thankful for this little guy!! He is the perfect addition to our crew!! We love you baby boy and can't imagine life without you!!

Happy 1st Birthday Jaxon!!

2 comments:

larah said...

I can't believe that Jaxon is already one! That year seemed to fly by! Happy Birthday "little red."

Lizabeth said...

He is so cute! Congrats & happy birthday - what a cute one year old!!!