Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Our Kate is 7...

Katelyn Elizabeth Meyers made her entrance into this world on November 8th, 2002. She was 9 pounds and 1 ounce and 20 1/2 inches long. Katelyn's original due date was December 1st, but after the ultrasound they changed her due date to November 21st. My doctor ended up inducing me on November 8th because my blood pressure was starting to climb. I think that weighing in at 9 lbs 1 oz and being that "early," her due date was way off!!

We were so excited to welcome our second little princess. Lauryn was so excited to have a little sister. Everything I did the first few weeks, Lauryn was right next to me doing the same thing to her doll. She loved to watch Katelyn and pat her and kiss her.
Katelyn brought much joy and love to us!! She was and is a sweet little girl!!

Look at that pretty black hair, you could tell then that it was going to be curly!!

Katelyn in her blessing dress at about 6 weeks old.

Brady thought I was crazy for doing this picture, but I have always loved it!!

Katelyn at about 5 months old.

At her first birthday party.

Kate has always had a huge grin!! I love it! She was around 2 in this picture and this is about the age when she came up with her own nickname. Kate could not say Lauryn, so she started calling her La La. It has just stuck over the years. But the funnier part of the story is that she started calling herself Kay Kay. I guess she didn't want to be left out. That name has also stuck!!

I love that she still had her baby chub in this picture. Such a little cheeser!!

Katelyn almost 4 just after we had moved into this house!

Katelyn loves to pose for the camera!! I blame Aunt Jana and Aunt Jess!!

My sweet girl!! I sure do love that face!!

My pretty girl!!

Katelyn is such a joy to us!! She keeps us laughing!! She loves to laugh and be silly and has a very devious side to her!! You can always tell by the smile on her face!! Katelyn is a tender heart and trys to make everyone feel good!! Just yesterday, she knew her sister was kind of bummed because she didn't have enough money for something that she wanted to buy, so Katelyn gave her 3 quarters to make her feel better!! She does quietly look out for everyone!!

Katelyn, you are a wonderful daughter and sister and we all love and adore you!! You bring so much happiness to our lives and we are so thankful that you are a part of our family!! Happy Birthday Sweetheart!! We Love You!!

2 comments:

larah said...

Happy Birthday Katelyn! Parker especially wanted to wish you a happy day! I hope that all your dreams come true for the upcoming year. Yay 7!

Manny and Jana said...

Oh my goodness! Love the pictures! The one of her in the black and red dress...it's Megan! Meg's is her Mini me! So adorable Kate! You get more beautiful as time goes on if that's possible. And I think the word you are looking for is 'attribute' not blame. LOL ;) Happy 7th B-day Kay Kay! We sure love you! We are so blessed you are part of this family!