Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday...

This year like many in the world, we are making cut backs. I decided that I have to get the most out of the money that I have to spend for Christmas. So with that in mind I decided to tackle the Black Friday shopping. I have done it before and I have had good years where I get what I want and I have had not so good years. This year I went with my sister-in-law Deborah. We decided that we would start early, and I mean early...or late how every you want to look at it!! We started with the Toys R Us sale at midnight. I know...CRAZY right?!? Toys R Us is always a crazy place to do Black Friday shopping, but we were ready!! We got there just before 11:oo pm, so we had to wait in the cold for about an hour and then the madness started. We fought our way through and we ended up getting everything on our list!! Yay us!! But we were not done there, oh no we pulled an all nighter and did not get home until 8:10 am. We hit Old Navy, Kohls, Target and of course the sock sale at Smith's Market Place. We endured the crazy people and the outrageous lines, but I got everything that was on my list and I saved A LOT of money!! Was it worth it for?? For some one that is on a budget and has 5 kids to buy Christmas for it was well worth it!! Besides, I love the craziness of it all and I love getting a good bargain, so for me...it was fun!! We are ready to do it again next year!!

3 comments:

Taylor.A.Smith said...

I am very impressed!

On Black Friday I just slept in and read insane amounts of material for the 30 to 40 pages of papers that are due in less than two weeks! However, I wouldn't trade you :)

larah said...

Wow! My sister-in-laws, mother-in-law and I didn't start our shopping experience until 3:00am! I am impressed that you got everything on your list too! We still had a time of trying to find some of the things on our lists!

Saw your kids in Target a couple weeks ago (you were busy at the pharmacy counter) we said a quick hello but couldn't stay long to chat...hope that things are going well for your family! We miss seeing you on a regular basis!

Manny and Jana said...

Yes, you are the queen of Black Friday! That is awesome!