Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lagoon Day

The kids, especially Lauryn and Katelyn have been begging all summer to go to Lagoon. With 7 people in our family that can get pretty expensive. We kept putting it off and trying to find other things to do.

In July I registered the older 3 kids in a reading program sponsored by the county library system and a local TV station. I enrolled them and entered their reading minutes for that day and two days later I got an email saying that Lauryn, Katelyn and Dylan had all won an all day pass to Lagoon. They were so excited. Then I found out that the 3rd week of August was buy one get one free. So our whole family, 7 of us, got into Lagoon for the price of 2 tickets. That almost made it affordable. The kids were ecstatic!!

We arranged our schedules a couple of weeks ago so Brady could take the day off and go with us. Yesterday we all headed up to Lagoon, I think we picked about the hottest day of the month to go, but that didn't keep us away.

We wanted to be there when the park opened, but we got there about 45 minutes after it opened. We started on the rides immediately and went all day long. We packed our lunch and took it with us and we bought dinner there. The kids had such a fun day and so did Brady and I! I had not been to Lagoon in almost 9 years, so it was fun to go back. I thought I might get kind of sick, but I didn't!! I rode everything and loved it!! That Wicked ride is WICKED, but it is AWESOME!!! Even Lauryn went on it with me and she loved it too!!

Here are the kids waiting for a ride, this was the longest line they waited in and it was about 15 minutes...not too bad! It was a very hot, sunny day!


Dylan and Lauryn above and Kate and Megs below. This ride was a good one, they got wet and cooled off a little bit!

Jaxon was NOT a fan of the rides. He rode one with all of us and didn't like it! I tried to put him on another and he freaked out, maybe next time he will have more fun!! He was such a good boy, he sat in his stroller and played most of the day!! We got him out to play while the others were waiting in line, but he was such a good boy!!

Megan LOVED all of the rides!! She wanted to go on everything and was sad when she was not tall enough!! Another year or two Megs and you can join us on the big kid rides!

Dylan was a little more cautious of what he went on. He didn't want to go too much out of his comfort zone, but he loved kiddie land! They have added a lot to it since the last time I was there. All of the kids had a great time!!

A mini version of the rocket...

I think it is cute how the kids were holding hands!! Lauryn went on the big version with me so this was a piece of cake for her!!

Dylan loved this ride, he loved the guns on it and shot everything in sight!


We stayed until the rides were closed. It was a long fun day and even though they were worn out, the kids had a blast!!


Lauryn rode every ride I rode and she loved them all!! Katelyn was a little scared to try many of the big rides, but she did go on the white roller coaster with me. When we got off I asked her how it was and she said, "I don't know, I closed my eyes the whole time!! But I faced my fears and I tried it." Good job Kate!! Maybe next time you will enjoy it even more!!

I decided that going on a Tuesday was a great day to go. We did not wait for most rides, we walked right on and the longest wait we did have was about 25 minutes. Not bad!! We had a great time and will be excited to go back when all of the kids will like to ride the rides!

No comments: