Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Friday, September 18, 2009

The Hand is the Boss...

I've said it before, my Dylan boy cracks me up!! He comes up with the funniest things sometimes. The other day he brought home some homework from preschool. It was just a few papers that he could practice tracing things on. There were straight lines, curvy lines, circles, squares, all kinds of shapes and sizes and then some letters to trace. He is working on his motor skills and learning how to keep the pencil in control. Ms. Hilary told him that pencils like to take over and go all over the paper, he can't let them do that, he has to tell his hand that it is the boss. I have heard her say the same thing to both of the older girls and I heard her say it to Dylan. Well this day, as he was working on his papers, he was watching every move he made so closely and while he was writing he kept saying over and over, "The hand is the boss, the hand is the boss, the hand is the boss!" I started chuckling to myself and asked him what he meant. I knew, but I wanted to see what he would say. He told me that the pencil likes to be in charge, but he had to tell his hand that it was the boss! I just laughed at him. He cracks me up!! It just goes to show, that even if we don't think our kids are paying attention, they usually are!!

3 comments:

larah said...

How cute is that! It sounds like he is doing really well! Yeah him!

Manny and Jana said...

That is hilarious! I can see him doing that!

Julie said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I will have to come look sometimes! Your family is so darn cute, really cute pictures! Hope you have a good birthday!