Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa, twice in one day!!

Call me crazy, but every year I like to brave the line at the mall to see Santa. The kids love it, which makes me love it. So Saturday we hit the mall. The line had about an hour wait...not too bad, we have waited much longer before! I was curious to see how the little ones would react. Lauryn, Katelyn and Dylan were very excited to put their orders in, Megan seemed excited, but I was not sure what she would do, she has never cried while visiting Santa. This year was no different. She just marched up there climbed up on his knee and told him what she wanted. I think she is the only one of our children that has not freaked out at least one year.

Not to worry though, Jaxon lost it. He was not so sure about the whole thing and even worse for him was I set him down and walked away. The two put together, not a good combination! But all in all, not a bad visit to Santa. The picture is not the best, but at least it will help me remember our visit to Santa this year. Besides, who doesn't have a picture of a screaming baby on Santa's knee? :)

Saturday night was our ward Christmas party. We always have WJ High School perform. Usually it is the Madrigals, but this year it was the Concert Choir. They both have the same director and they are excellent!! I love to listen to them as well as watch them. They are awesome! After the entertainment, of course there is a "special" visitor. Again, the kids very excited to see Santa, even though they had seen him just a few hours before. Lauryn ran to the line as soon as they said it was time, and she was first in line. Yay Lauryn, we didn't have to wait again!!

I was glad that we had gone to the mall, sitting in the Primary Room is not the best back drop for a picture!

I love how excited Megan was!! She is so cute to watch this year, she actually gets it and was very excited to ask for the "Disney Princess Piano." Although, I am not sure Santa could understand what she was saying when she said piano.

Dylan wasn't afraid, but wasn't too sure about the big guy either. He sat there and talked to him, but both times he pulled away a little. You can tell by his face that he was a little unsure. But he had to make sure to get his wish list in. He really wants a Hot Wheel race track, Santa asked him if he would take care of it and he promised that he would!

Kate was very excited. She either wants a DS or a drum set. She told Santa to surprise her. Her daddy told her if she got a drum set, which is what she REALLY wants, her parents must have been bad this year.

Lauryn was excited to ask for a pink DS. She really really wants one!! She was telling us the other day that one of her friends doesn't believe in Santa. Her aunt was there and told her that if she didn't believe in Santa, he wouldn't bring her presents. She made sure to tell us that she does believe and she thinks her friend is crazy.

Why isn't there a picture of Jaxon you ask...well because as soon as I took him in the room, he grabbed my shirt and he was not letting go. I really didn't feel like torturing him again, so we opted to just take him out of the room. Brady walked around with him until we were done. Maybe next year he will like Santa, but I am not going to hold my breath!!

As we were leaving the church, Katelyn said "Mom, is that the real Santa or is he just an impostor." Her exact words!! Brady and I started laughing, when did she get so big? I asked her if she knew what that was, and she proceeded to tell me that it is someone who pretends to be someone their not. Pretty smart for a 7 year old! We explained that there are lots and lots of churches that have Christmas parties and lots of companies and other places that have Christmas parties. Santa can't be everywhere at once and because he is so busy this time of year, he sends his helpers to all the parties. But they all report back to Santa!! She seemed very satisfied with that answer.

I love the magic that Christmas brings. My little ones make this such a great time of year!! They are so happy and so excited about everything to do with Christmas. My hope is that I can teach them the real meaning of Christmas. I hope that they will always love the magic of Christmas, but more importantly they will know that we have Christmas because of the birth of our Savior. If I can teach them both things, I will feel successful! I hope they come to know their Savior and love him. He is the reason for the season!! Happy Holidays to all my friends and family!!

3 comments:

Brooke Smith said...

That picture of all your kids with Santa is awesome!!! Haha!

larah said...

I love hearing the WJ Madrigals sing too! Christmas just doesn't seem to start until you hear them sing a song or two...I bet that the concert choir is just as good. Love them.

I think it is great that Katelyn wants a drum set! Yeah, good luck with that! Parker is asking for legos and Cassidy wants an American doll. No loud instruments be asked for around here!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Manny and Jana said...

Man Ang! You are putting me to shame woman! I miss my computer, now that things have slowed down, I can't even do anything!!!! Loved this post! I love all the things your kids say. When DID Kate get so big. Just like Lauryn with her usage of big words [correctly too!]