It doesn't happen very often that I go more than a month with nothing to say!! It has just been one of those months. We as a family have had to make adjustments as I have gone back to work. I have needed to go back to work for a couple of years, but with a new baby and a stubborn one at that, the time just never felt right. Finally it has come to a point where it is not an option anymore. With 5 little ones to take care of, it is nearly impossible to live on one income, at least at our house!! Brady and I talked about it and he could either pick up a second job, or I could go back to work. I told him that it didn't make sense for him to work all day and all night. He would only wear himself out, and he would never see the kids. They need to have time with their dad and they need to have a relationship with him also, not just me!! So after much thought and prayer, we decided that I would head back to work. I have tried to find a job that work with our family life so that the kids could be happy and I could be happy. I don't want to feel like I am missing out on anything they do, at church or at school. After patiently waiting through the long long long process, I started working for the USPS at the beginning of January. It is not my favorite job, in fact it could not be more boring!! But I can work late evenings and still feel like I am home with my children. I get them in bed and then go to work, of course that means I work half the night, but I just take naps while the little ones nap during the day. Dylan doesn't always nap, but he is good to climb up on my bed and watch a movie while I nap or to play with some of his toys in my bedroom while I nap. He is so good, and I am so lucky!!
It has been an adjustment for all of us. I thought the little kids would have the hardest time with it, but it has been my oldest that has struggled the most. She had the hardest time while I was in training, I had to be at work at 6 for those two weeks. She cried the first 4 days that I went. Broke my heart, but we got through it. She did much better after training was over and I could start my normal schedule. Most nights all the kids are in bed when I am leaving so they don't even miss me. It has been an adjustment for Brady and I also. We just have to make sure the days that I have off, that we make some time for ourselves.
I have been home for 4 years and it is really hard to get back to the workforce. But I feel very blessed that in this economy I was able to find a job and one that works so well for us. I am looking into other options, I want to do either medical coding or medical transcription. I just need to find the best option for me and get certified, then maybe I can work from home and it won't seem so bad!
So after 6 weeks of being back at work, I feel like we are finally adjusting and I am getting used to my new schedule. Maybe now I can find a new routine and get back to life!!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! That is quite the adjustment...for EVERYBODY! Good luck with everything. I wish you and your family the best.
That must be hard! I wish I could have the courage to go to work. I can't get a babysitter for just one child. How do you do it with 5?
WOW! What is wrong with me?! When I was reading how Lauryn cried the first four days, I got all choked up and teary eyed. If I didn't know better, I'd suspect something else. Poor Lala, just like her Mama all emotional! :)
Post a Comment