I am so thankful to belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am thankful to have the knowledge that I have. And I say knowledge because I know...I don't believe or I don't think, I know!!
In February, one of my sweet friends had her first baby. I went to a baby shower for her and saw her big cute pregnant belly and she, as all mothers, was so excited for this baby to be coming. She was totally prepared for him and just waiting. We as her friends were so excited for her and her husband. They are such a cute couple and I knew that they were going to be the best parents!!
The big day finally arrived, and they welcomed their first child into their lives and into their hearts.
My friend had promised to let us all know when he was born. She said that she had a text list ready to go so that they could send out a mass text to let everyone know that he had arrived and they were taking their laptop to the hospital so that they could send pictures to everyone shortly after he was born. I had been waiting for that text, I knew that her due date had come and gone, and not wanting to bother an overdue mom I just waited for the text. Finally one afternoon I got the text!! I saw her name on my phone and was so excited to open it!! As I read the text my joy for them quickly turned to pain and sorrow for them. Their sweet little guy passed away about an hour after he was born, he had a major heart defect that could not be fixed.
I started to cry as I read the text. I probably read it 5 or 6 times to make sure I was reading it correctly. That is not the outcome that any parent expects. My heart ached for them. I don't know how a parent is suppose to deal with such a loss!!
I attended the funeral for this sweet baby...what a hard thing for any parent to have to do. My heart continues to ache with them and for them. They have been so strong. I know that they will have their hard days ahead of them and everyone expects that. But I also know that they are relying on their faith in God and the knowledge that they have. This will be so hard for them, how do you continue to go on? But as my friend told me when I asked her how she was so strong, "You just do it! You don't really have a choice!"
I am thankful for my knowledge of a living and loving Father in Heaven. I know that he lives!! I know that he loves each and everyone of his children!! I know that he understands what they are going through and he will be with them every step of the way!! I know that my friends will see their son again, they are blessed to be an eternal family and someday they will get the opportunity to not only love him and hug him, but they will also get to teach him. Right now for them it is very hard to find peace and comfort, but having this knowledge will help them get through the days ahead of them!! I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us, I know that their sweet baby is part of that plan. We, the ones left behind, have a much harder time dealing with and adapting to that plan. But I do know that this is all for a reason and there is some reason that Heavenly Father needed that little one back so soon! I feel so blessed to have this knowledge in my life!! I am not sure how people that don't have a knowledge or a belief in life after death survive such tragic things in their lives.
I wish with all my heart that there was something that I could say or do to take away the pain that my friends are feeling. But I know that there is not!! I continue to think of them daily and the pray for them daily!! I know that with time they will be okay. They are strong people and they have a great knowledge to help them through the hard times!!
Knowing that they are experiencing such pain and heartache, makes every little thing in my life seem so small and so unimportant!! This has been a good time for me to reflect on my life and realize that I need to refocus some things and focus on the important things in life!! I need to take time to enjoy the little things in life and to I need to enjoy my children before they grow up and leave our home. And, I need to serve my Father in Heaven more and show him that I am truly thankful for all of my blessings and for all that he has given all of us!!
Friday, March 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Here I am sitting here crying again as I read this. I'm such a boob now. This is why you were born first Ang...thanks for sharing your testimony and for being a great sister. You are a wonderful Mom, wife, daughter, sister and friend and your testimony and strength you own in all those roles that make up who you are are truly a strength and beacon to those around you! Now, quite making my cry like a boob! haha Love ya and thanks for sharing this!
You are so amazing with words! I feel the exact same way as you. I think you and I are just so grateful that we could be friends with such an amazing couple.
Post a Comment