Because the camera was dead, I turned to grab my phone and it wasn't there, but Brady's was, so I used it. As I was reviewing the picture that I took, I found this one that Brady must have taken. It made me smile. This must have been at bed time, Dylan was already in his jammies and Jaxon was probably waiting for one of us to come change him. It is not uncommon to walk into the boys room and find Dylan in the crib with Jaxon. He loves to give Jaxon a bunch of toys to play with and then climb up in there to play with him. There have been many Saturday and Sunday mornings where Dylan has kept Jaxon entertained for up to an hour. Yay for Brady and I, we get to sleep just a little bit longer. These two boys are so cute with each other!! I can't imagine Dylan not have his brother...he loves that baby boy so much!! We all love and adore him!! I really wanted to be done having kids after Megan, but now I can't imagine not having Jaxon, and I don't ever want to imagine that!! I always tell him that he is the perfect caboose for our family!!
Dylan is almost 5, which means that he thinks that he is too big to take naps. He does not take one every day anymore, just when I feel like he needs to, or when he is actually tired enough to want one, which is a very rare thing!! He had not taken a nap in probably a week and yesterday around dinner time it was starting to show!! Brady told him that if he was going to whine and cry he could come in the kitchen and sit on the stool and talk to him while he helped make dinner. Dylan climbed up on the stool and within a couple of minutes he was totally out!! So much for not being tired!! \"/ Needless to say, as I am typing this he is asleep in his bed taking a nap!!
Ornery or not, is there anything sweeter than your child sleeping. They are always so cute to me when they are asleep, well they are always cute, but have such sweet innocent faces while they are sleeping. \"/ Sweet Dreams!!

7 comments:
My mom always told me even when we were teenagers she would come in and look at sleeping because we would look like angels and it was a good reminder to her on how much she loved us.
Awww, that is so sweet!! I am going to have to remember that!!
That is SO cute that Dylan plays with Jaxon in his crib!! The story about your friend and their baby is so, so, so hard to hear. :( You make such important points about not letting small things in life get to us. It's so true; there are so many people suffering.
Wow...the days of a scheduled nap time...Some days I really long for those good 'ol days.
So cute that the boys play together in the crib. And I have to say that I agree, nothing is sweeter than your kids asleep.
Awe, cute boys!!! I love the picture of Dylan asleep on the counter too! That makes me chuckle knowing your little Dylan. "Mom, naps aren't my thing." :) Love my cute nephews!!!
I love this post! I told Phil the Lord made kids looks so angelic while they sleep so we can look at them and remember how much we love them. It prepares us for when they wake up and are onery!
Post a Comment