All of our girls stayed in the crib until they were 2, but the boys have both been earlier. Dylan had to give it up at 15 months because we needed it for Megan, and NO we don't need the crib now, that is NOT why Jaxon is already in a bed. I am just tired of the lack of space in the boys room, so at 18 months old Jaxon has graduated to a twin bed. Dylan could not be more happy about this transition. When we got our tax returns, we went ahead and ordered the bunk beds and Dylan has been "patiently" waiting for them to come in. Well 2 months later they finally arrived. Jaxon was not too sure about it to start with, he cried when I first sat him on the bed. But after everyone in the family started getting excited for him and telling him what a big boy he is, he decided that it was not so bad after all.
You can see how happy he was!! We didn't start setting the beds up until after 8 pm, so by the time they were up and sheets were on and the room was cleaned, it was about 10 pm. He climbed up in his bed and went right to sleep and slept until 8 am, he didn't even fall out of bed!! He was so cute...as big as he is starting to look to me, he looked tiny sleeping on that bed.
It is hard for me to believe that we are done with the crib. Brady told me to get rid of it, but I just can't do it yet! Call me crazy, call me a sentimental schmuck, whatever you like....but I can't bring myself to get rid of it yet. The crib is the one thing that did not change with each child. We got new bedding, new clothes, new toys etc. etc. for each child, but all five of my children have slept in that crib. It has their teeth marks on it and lots of memories attached to it. I have gotten rid of all the other baby things, but the crib...it can't go yet!! So it is packed away in storage and someday I will part with it. It is crazy to think that my baby years are over with. Jaxon still has a little time left to be a baby, but when he is walking and talking, feeding him self and sleeping in a big boy bed, it seems that his baby time has slipped away before my very eyes. I am going to miss having new babies, I really do love the newborn phase, but at the same time I am excited to move onto the next phase. :)

5 comments:
Yay for big boy beds! I am about done with Max and the crib as well...he is just getting too big to lift in and out everyday. The bunk bed is picked out but I am just not ready to leave this part of the baby phase yet so it is not ordered. Jaxon is so cute in the big bed :o)
You know, you could always keep the crib and pass it on to your kids to use. ;)
Noel
What a nice bunkbed!! How cute that you're attached to the crib. :)
Woah, how brave! I can't really imagine Miley being in a real bed just yet. I don't think she needs that kind of freedom yet :)
Wow! I can't believe how much Jaxon is growing! He is turning into quite a handsome little boy. Yeah for the graduation from the crib to the bed too!
Post a Comment