Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Monday, January 10, 2011

"I'm Going to Crush You!!!"

A few days ago I was getting the kids ready for lunch. I called down the hall to my nephew Justin, who is 2 and who I have watched since he was just a few months old, he was in the boys bedroom playing. He comes walking in the kitchen with Megan's talking Jessie doll, you know the pull string toy from Toy Story. (Toy Story has become a favorite at our house. Dylan, Megan, Jaxon and Justin all LOVE it!!) Anyway, he has Megan's Jessie and it is dripping wet! I don't know if he put it in the toilet or got up on the sink, the sink and counter was wet so I am hoping it was in the sink. Megan knows that Justin's Sheriff Woody doesn't talk anymore because it got wet and the water ruined the speaker box thing, so when she saw that hers was wet she was furious!! Her reaction cracked me up! She stood there with an evil look in her eye and put both of her fists up in the air and clenched her teeth together as she said, "Justin, I'm going to crush you!!" I was totally taken back, my first reaction was to laugh out loud. I know I shouldn't have but I couldn't help it! She was so mad, and her reaction was so funny! Megan does not like Justin or Jaxon going in her room. In fairness, they always mess up her room and then I make her pick it up, so I don't blame her. She always closes her bedroom door and this day was no different! It mad her so mad to find out that they can open the door. (They have been able to open the door for months, I am not sure how that escaped her thinking. She thought if the door was closed they would stay out!)

I made Megan show me what she said again today so that I could get a picture of her. So this is a reenactment, but you get the idea. She looks like she is laughing, but trust me, even today there was no laughing. She is still mad about it!

I quickly took out the speaker box and gratefully it was still talking. We left it out as Jessie dried out and it still works! Hallelujah!! Jessie is one of Megs favorite toys, so I am so glad that it still works!

She was so tired and grumpy today yet she doesn't think that she has to take a nap anymore, and most days she doesn't, but I had her come lay on the lovesac while I was on the computer and as you can see Minnie, Jessie and her blankie are what she brought with her. She looks like an angel while she is sleeping, and she can be very sweet when she is awake, but we have always known that she is our feisty child. I guess you really don't want to mess with her!! She just may crush you!! :)

No comments: