Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Christmas

Christmas is always one of my favorite times of the year. I love the magic and excitement that comes with Christmas and I love having a dedicated time to reflect on my Saviors birth and to remember all that he has done for me.

This year was extra fun as we had Brady's brother and his family staying with us. 9 kids under the age of 11. It was loud, chaotic, crazy, exciting, fun and very memorable!! I LOVED every second of the 2 weeks that they were here!

We were going to do Christmas morning downstairs in our family room because it is bigger, but on my moms birthday, the 23rd, the girls bedroom had a little flood problem. That is the room that Bryan and Brandy were staying in so we had to move all of their stuff to the family room and they ended sleeping in there until the carpet dried out and we could get the room back together. Sorry guys!! We ended up doing Christmas upstairs in the living room. It was a little more crowded, but I don't think that anyone really cared. We had 13 people all together enjoying the festivities and it was a great time!!

Both of our families have a tradition that they get new pajamas Christmas Eve. The kids all know what they are opening but they are always excited for them. Here are all the kids after showers in their new jammies.

Christmas morning was a lot of fun. All the excitement that comes with those new toys and new gadgets and clothes made 9 happy kids.





Christmas morning went way too fast. Brandy and I made breakfast the night before so all we had to do was pop it in the oven to bake while we were doing gifts. After eating and getting ready for the day we headed over to Brady's parents house for more gifts and for lunch. We had an enjoyable afternoon spending it with family. After that, we headed to my parents house for even more gifts and for dinner. With 25 people that are actual members of my family, plus girl friends and other extras there were a lot of people! It takes a long time to open gifts for the many people! We had a delicious dinner, thanks to my mom, and enjoyed the evening with all of my family!

We had a long full day of fun! By the time dinner was over, we were all exhausted!! My house was still a total mess and we brought home a lot of stuff to add to the mess. But that is the one day of the year I don't care. Once we got all the kids settled in bed, all the adults crashed and didn't move for hours!! There was plenty of time to clean up later!! :)

We had a great Christmas!! It was great to have extra family with us and to celebrate with everyone! I am thankful to have so many people around us that love us! We are so blessed! After all the fun and excitement of Santa and gifts and food, I hope that we can all remember the real meaning of Christmas and be thankful for a loving Savior. That is the lesson that I hope I am teaching my children and I hope that they remember. I hope you all had a joyous Christmas and I hope you all feel as blessed as I do!!

No comments: