This is Dylan and his good friend bones. Bones was given to Dylan by his Grandma Shirley and Papa Dewey, aka Dwight, on Christmas Day 2007. My mom had bought cute little furry friends for all the grandchildren. All of the kids loved their animals, but I don't know if any of them loved them as much as Dylan loves Bones. Dylan was so happy when he opened the gift and saw a puppy. He hugged it and was smiling from ear to ear. My brother James said, "Dylan, what is your dogs name?" Without even missing a beat, Dylan got his cheesy little grin on his face and put his finger up and said "Him bones, his name is Bones!" So matter of fact. He was only 2, I'm not sure how he came up with that name, but he knew right away that his dog was Bones. We all laughed and laughed at him. I thought that it was so cute that he would come up with that all by himself. James was so surprised by his instant answer to the question. We were actually just talking about this story on Easter and James still laughs about it. The thing that amazed all of us is how matter of fact he was. Dylan is a cute little guy, and I have said it before, he keeps us laughing a lot!!
Dylan leaves Bones on his bed unless he is playing with him. If Bones is not there when it is time for bed, we have to send out the search party to look for him, he has to be there for bed time!

3 comments:
For Parker it is his blanket that he can't sleep without. And we have been on some pretty intense search parties right before bed time too! So cute.
Awe, that is such a cute picture! Cute boy!
I know how that is! Evan also has a dog that he would not survive without. But I love that he named him bones, that is so funny! BTW he is going to melt the ladies hearts with that smile! I also started my blog so that I can make it to a book, that way it is like a journal and a scrapbook! We are too smart!
Post a Comment