Yesterday was a crazy day, Brady took a vacation day, he has vacation days that he is going to lose if he doesn't use them, so why not use them!! We decided that we would work in our yard, I am sure Brady wishes he would have just been at work. He probably wouldn't have worked as hard. Next time he uses one of those days, we will have to play instead!
With
Jaxon, and his cousin Justin that I watch during the day, they are a lot to keep up with, let alone the rest of the kids. But I thought I would give it a try. I took these two little guys out and sat them on a blanket, to say they didn't love it would be an understatement. They both freaked out!! As soon as I sat by them, they were fine. Spoiled little guys! They were not happy enough to get smiles for a picture, but what do you do?

I finally got them to both take a nap at the same time. They crashed for a few hours which gave me some time to work with Brady and get some things done. We had the rest of the kids out "helping" us, so at least the house was quiet and the boys could nap good. We got a few hours of work in, but I could probably spend 3 more full days out there working to get it to where we want it. But oh well, that is what happens when we kind of let it go last summer. I was tired, hot and pregnant and just didn't care about it. Brady kept it mowed and trimmed, but we totally neglected the flower beds and we have not had next door neighbors for along time, so that yard blows a TON of weeds in our yard. But we got a good start on it, and hopefully can get back to it soon!
Apparently, the yard work wore the boys out. Even with a good nap, they were still both very tired. My sister said that Justin slept for 9 hours! Good job buddy!! Jaxon ate his dinner, and then I set him on my bed with some toys to play with. He is not rolling a whole lot yet, so I knew he would be fine. He was playing with the toys and laughing. After a few minutes it was really quiet so I went to check on him. This is what I found. Jaxon totally passed out with the toys around him. He has never slept on his tummy, but he seemed to really like it.
He was so cute. I am guessing that he fell over from sitting up, and this is just how he stayed. I was gone from the room maybe 5 minutes and he was OUT!!

After letting him sleep like this for 30 minutes or so, I got him up and changed his diaper and put
jammies on him. He played with us for awhile and then he was ready to nurse and settle down. He crashed around 9:30 pm. I let him sleep on our bed while Brady and I watched Dancing with the Stars, at about 11:30, I woke him up to eat again hopping that he would sleep for awhile. He ate and then crashed again. I put him in his bed around midnight and then I crawled into my bed. That is the last thing I remember until my alarm went of at 7:00 am. I crashed too!! I woke up in a panic. I was thinking I don't remember getting the baby up, where is he?, is he okay?, did he fall off my bed? All sorts of crazy things running through my mind. Usually he wakes up during the night to eat, and then he just falls asleep and so do I, so he doesn't always make it back to his bed. I jumped out of bed and ran to his room, and there he was, sound asleep in his own bed!! At that point, I had woke myself up enough that I realized he had SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!
YAY!!!! I have not had a full night of sleep for months!! He is 7 months old, and I know I didn't sleep great the last couple of months that I was pregnant, so it has been awhile!! Needless to say I was so happy!! I let him sleep until about 8:40 am and then I had to get him up. I know, crazy to wake a sleeping baby, but I needed him to eat!! So, now that he has slept a full night, and I have felt the benefits of a full night of sleep again, I am hoping that he continues it!! I know, wishful thinking, but one can hope!!
2 comments:
It is always a wonderful moment when your kids start to sleep through the night, that means you get to as well! Yeah for you!
I know about the yard thing. I love a great looking yard, I just don't enjoy all the labor that goes in to making it look that way.
Awe, cute boys! So sweet. Yeah for a full nights sleep! We love it when that happens!
Post a Comment