Lauryn, I had a great time. I am so proud of you!! You are a wonderful daughter and a great help to me. I will love you FOREVER!!!Wednesday, May 6, 2009
When Did She Get So Big?
When Lauryn turned 8 last September, she started attending Activity Days which is a program our church has organized for girls ages 8-11. When she was younger, it always seemed like forever until she got to go. Well, that time has flown by, and now she loves to go and always has a fun time. For the last month their activities have focused on making a gift for their moms and planning a dinner for a special "Mommy, Daughter" night to celebrate Mothers Day. She was so excited that tonight was the night. She came home from school and volunteered to get her homework and reading done as soon as she got home so that she would be all done and ready to go and she would not have to worry about it. We met with the other girls and their moms for dinner and activities. We had a fun time. Lauryn worked so hard on the little box that she made for me. She was so proud of it! She pointed out to me that she painted it pink because she knows it is one of my favorite colors and she put a red ribbon around it because that is my other favorite color. We had a great time spending the evening together. I know she loves to get out and do things with just the two of us. It is hard to believe that my baby is growing up, these last 8 years have gone so fast, I know that if I blink my eyes, she is going to be driving and dating!! Can't I slow the time down somehow??
Lauryn, I had a great time. I am so proud of you!! You are a wonderful daughter and a great help to me. I will love you FOREVER!!!
Lauryn, I had a great time. I am so proud of you!! You are a wonderful daughter and a great help to me. I will love you FOREVER!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
How sweet, you're so cute Lauryn! And as for her dating...heaven help you and Brady! Ha-ha! Good luck with that one! :)
Wow! What a fun idea to have a mother daughter night! I know what you mean. I wish I could freeze time and keep my kids little for just a little while longer.
I cried and I cried and then I cried some more...remember when she was in our Nursery in West Jordan? Too, toooo fast, time quickly passes by!
I know Ardis, it is crazy!! That was not that long ago!! Was it?? I guess longer than I want it to be. We were pregnant with Katelyn and Hannah then. Crazy!!
Post a Comment