Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Fun Run!!

Today was the Fun Run at our elementary school. Lauryn and Katelyn both participated in it. It is not a major race by any means, but it seemed like a long way for them. I went to watch them come across the finish line. I should have ran it with them, but didn't think about that until I got there and at that point, I didn't have the right type of shoes on. Maybe next year I will think ahead.

Here is Dylan and Megan waiting somewhat patiently for the fun to begin.

Here is Katelyn after she finished. The kindergarten and first grade ran together, their race was a half of a mile. Before the race had even started, there was a little girl from kindergarten that fell and skinned her knee, it happens every year! Kate took her sweet time and came in about with the last quarter of the group. She was grinning so big. She said "It was fun mom, but I had to walk part of the time and my side huts!" I laughed and told her that I often have pain in my side when I jog on the treadmill. But she had a great time, and at least she didn't fall!! We all know how clumsy she can be at times! \"/

Here is Lauryn after her race, the second, third and fourth grades all raced together and their race was a mile. Lauryn did really good. She is so competitive that she thinks she has to be the best at everything. I try to explain to her that as long as she does her best and finishes, that is all that matters. But, I don't think she was buying it! She took off, and she gave it her all. I don't know exactly, but she was probably somewhere around the the 30th-40th person to finish. But out of 3 grades, I don't think that is too bad! She also complained of side pain, but had fun and was pretty happy with herself.

Good job girls!!! You did great and mom is proud!! Next year I will do it with you!!

2 comments:

larah said...

Our school used to do a fun run too but I don't know what happened this year.

It sounds like both the girls loved participating! Did they run on the street or just around the field?

Angie said...

They ran on the street. They had cones set up all through the neighborhood around the school.