All the hard work and anticipation is done already. It seems like just last week that I pulled an "all-nighter" shopping and now another Christmas has quickly passed us by. I feel like each year goes a little faster, I guess the old saying is true!
We have adopted the tradition of new pajamas for Christmas. I used to try and make them match, but that got harder and harder as we have added to our family. I used to stick with a Christmas theme, but then decided that I didn't love that idea, because the kids were wearing Christmas jammies at Easter time. So we have just decided to stick with new jammies and they are what they are. The older kids have caught on and now know that the Christmas Eve present is going to be their jammies, but they are still excited for them. As you can see, Jaxon wasn't so excited, he was ready for bed.

We had a great Christmas, busy but fun. The kids let us sleep until 7:45...aren't you all jealous? We did Santa gifts and then we did our family gift exchange. It is so fun to watch the kids as they excitedly open their gifts. It is almost more fun to be the parent than it was to be a child. After a quick breakfast, we got ready and headed to Brady's parents house. After gifts and lunch and visiting, we headed to my parents house. After more gifts you could sum up the day by saying...as usual, I have very spoiled children!! They had a great day!! By the time we got home, just after 11:00pm, we were all exhausted and ready to climb into bed. Our house was still a mess, but this is the one time I didn't care, I went to bed with it just as it was. After a good night of sleep, we were all awake and ready to play. I told the kids that Saturday was a play day. Other than going to the store to get something for dinner, I did nothing else but play with the kids. What a awesome weekend we had!! We don't have days like that often enough! It was fun to just chill and play and watch new movies! Now we have a whole week off and the best part is, Brady has the week off as well. We get a whole week of playing and hanging out together! That is the best part of Christmas this year. Isn't that what the spirit of Christmas is all about? Being with those that you love and enjoying the simply things in life. Well, it is to me!! I hope that my children will learn what the true meaning of Christmas is and by learning that, they will know what really matters!!
Here is to a new year!! May 2010 be a great year for all of us!! Happy New Year to all my family and friends!!
1 comment:
Yay! I am glad that you all had a super Christmas. Just reading about everything you did made me tired.
How fun to be able to spend the whole week as a family too! There is really nothing better than that!
Post a Comment