Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Friday, June 5, 2009

A Decade Together!!

It is hard to believe that 10 years ago today Brady and I officially started our journey together!! We began long, and if you ask Brady, long long long before that. Brady and I went to high school together. We were Class Presidents together in our Seminary class, but we never dated during high school, in fact, I thought he was such a weirdo then. I guess not much has changed! \"/ We started dating about 5 1/2 years after high school. After 9 months of dating, we got engaged and then 9 months later we were married. If you ask Brady, that was the longest dating/engagement period for a Mormon couple. But we got engaged in September and I always wanted to be a summer bride and have an outdoor reception. Well, as it turned out, I was a June bride, but our reception got rained out and we had it in a church after all. Not my choice, but why let it ruin a great day?!? The night before our wedding, we had a huge down pour of rain, so much so that it was flooding the window wells of my parents house, and it was cold, at least for June. It was in the 40's. Somehow we were lucky enough that the sun came out the morning of our wedding and so even though it was cool, it was sunny and nice, but after our wedding luncheon, it rained the rest of the day and evening. That should teach me to wait for something so silly!

We had a perfect morning at the Salt Lake Temple, even though I was late to our appointment time. Brady said he was beginning to wonder if I had changed my mind. But, to my credit, it was NOT my fault. Brady had my car, so I was riding with my parents to the temple, and my sweet dad made me late to my own wedding. My friend was at our house at 5:30 am to do my hair and I was totally ready on time! My mom was ready too and we kept telling my dad that it was pretty sad that the neighbors were leaving for the temple before the bride was. He laughed and said it would be fine, and of course it was!! I ended up not being too late, even though there was a big race downtown that day. When we got to the temple, we pulled up to the curb and my mom helped me gather all of my piles of stuff so we could run into the temple while my dad parked the car. We held up traffic on North Temple, but I didn't care!! I had a wedding to get to! \"/ We had a lot of our family and friends there with us to start our lives together. It was such a great day!

When we got married, they were doing construction downtown. It was the start of the Olympic construction. Everywhere we looked we were surround by orange cones and signs. Our photographer thought it would be funny to capture that memory. I am glad she did, it makes me laugh now. At least she was good for something. She wasn't my favorite photographer after it was all said and done.

It is fun to look back at these pictures and remember that day. We were both so happy and so ready...it was a great day!!

This picture has always made me smile. My mom laughed after she saw it and told Brady that she was surprised that he had jumped that high. Brady said, "I was so happy that day, I think I could have jumped over the temple." What a sweetheart!!

Now, here we are 10 years and 5 kids later. My, how times have changed!! We have gone through our ups and downs just like all couples do, but it has been a great ride. We have laughed, we have cried but most of all we have loved. Who knew that I could love him more today than I did that day?!? We have grown together and learned a lot together. I am so blessed to have Brady as my husband and the father of our children. I love you Sweetheart and I am so blessed to be able to spend eternity with you!! Happy Anniversary!!

5 comments:

Valery said...

Congratulations! What a journey. I love Brady's look! So hip and cool :)

larah said...

Congratulations on 10 years of marriage! Here's to hoping that the next 10 years are as good or better than the first!

You are a wonderful couple and have such a cute family!

Manny and Jana said...

Congratulations guys! You should be proud of the life you have both created with one another! We love you guys and your adorable/handsome munchkins!

Manny and Jana said...

OH....cute blog too by the way. :)

kanaboke said...

wow, Brady is seriously getting some Air there!! Happy 10th Anniversary guys!