Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Daddy's Sub!

Tonight was Lauryn's daddy dinner date for the Activity Day girls at our church. Lauryn was very excited to go until she found out that her dad had to be out of town for work. He has been in California all week and is coming home tonight, but will not be home until about 10:00 pm. Lauryn was really sad, she told me that she did not want to go without her dad. I assured her that there would be other girls there without their dads. I then told her that she has several uncles and I was sure that any one of them would be happy to go with her. She thought about it and asked if she could invite Uncle Dave to go with her. I told her that I would call him to see if he had to work or if he was off. When I called, Dave said that he did have to work, but he would see what he could do. Dave works for an ambulance service and so he works 24 hours on and then has 24 off. Well, bless his heart, he took the day off and took Lauryn to her daddy dinner picnic. Lauryn had so much fun!! She was suppose to take dinner for her and her dad, or dad substitute, so we went and bought dinner for them to take and they had dinner at the park and then played some games.

Lauryn had a great time. Thanks Uncle Dave for filling in for her daddy when he wished he could be there, but couldn't!! You were a great substitute and Lauryn was happy to have you go with her!!

Uncle Dave brought Lauryn some flowers when he came to pick her up!! What a sweetheart!!

No comments: