Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Lauryn's New Look!!

So a week ago yesterday we are sitting in Sacrament Meeting at church and Lauryn leans over and asks Brady what the hymn number was. Brady says, "why don't you tell me?" Lauryn then tells him that she can't see it. This was all too familiar for Brady and I. That is the exact same way that our moms figured out that we needed glasses as well. I was 8 when I got my first pair of glasses and Brady was a teenager. So, the next morning I called our eye doctors office and they said that they could get her in that afternoon, which is rare, so I jumped all over it and took her in. The eye doctor was cute with her. After all the tests that they do he said, "Well your eyes look perfect and healthy, they could just use a pair of glasses to help them see better." Lauryn was a little skeptical. She thought that it would be cool to have glasses, but was also a little nervous. I think mostly nervous of what everyone else would think...typical girl!! We went Tuesday and picked out a pair that she really liked. Then she could not wait for them to get here. She has been hoping every day that they would come, and today was finally the day. She was so excited to go get them. Right after we left the optical part of the store, I took her picture on my phone and sent it to everyone. She just got happier and happier with every comment she got back. In fact, my mom said to tell her that she is adorable. I said, "I will, but I think she already knows." Funny how all the worries about having them went right out the window when everyone keeps telling her how cute she is! \"/

When we got home, we had to take a couple of better pictures than the one I had on my phone. I do think that she looks really cute, but I may be a little biased! \"/ I told her that her first pair of glasses are a lot cuter than my first pair. Kate, Dylan and Megs all told her how cute she is with them, I think she is really happy about them now.

Lauryn kept telling me how everything looked different, I remember that from when I got my first pair and also every time I get a new prescription I feel that way. She has been having a lot of headaches, especially when she reads, so I hope these will help her to feel better!!

La La, you are one cute girl!! I love your new glasses!

2 comments:

larah said...

I love the glasses! They look adorable on Lauryn! And the best part is that it helps her to see better too!

Manny and Jana said...

Yea. They are definitely cuter than my first pair too! So adorable Lala! I wish glasses looked that cute on me! Lucky! ;)