Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Swimming Lessons...

Summer is here!!! Yay!! We are so excited to have a break from our structured days, I know by the time summer is half over, I will be wanting that structure back, but for now, I am excited for summer. We signed Lauryn and Katelyn up for swimming lessons. Lauryn was really excited to start and Kate was a little nervous. After the first day, they both loved it and did not want to get out of the pool.

They are taking lessons at the Kearns Recreation Center. They go 3 days a week for a half of an hour, and lessons only last three weeks. We are going to try and keep them going all summer except for the time that we are on vacation. I really like it there. All the instructors are Red Cross Certified and they only have 3-4 students per instructor.

The first day Katelyn was a little hesitant to dunk her whole head, but today, she was dunking it over and over and becoming a little more comfortable in the water. Lauryn is kind of mad, she thought that she would become a perfect swimmer with the first round of lessons. I had to inform her that it could take awhile for her to start being a "perfect" swimmer. I told her that she needed to be patient and take baby steps to get to where she wants to be!!

So far they are having a great time. I hope they keep it up and learn how to love the water, but also have a healthy respect for the water. Maybe they will be more like their dad and not their mom. One can only hope!! \"/

1 comment:

Manny and Jana said...

Looks like fun girls! Keep it up and have fun with it.