Our Family...Est. June 5, 1999

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Mo-hawk Man And More...

My brother Dave has been cutting Brady and Dylan's hair for years. He got tired of paying for haircuts on his mission, so he bought some clippers and learned to cut his own. Now he cuts his, Brady and Dylan's, my two brothers, two brother-in-laws, and my two nephews. Usually he just lines them all up on a Sunday night after dinner and starts cutting. Brady decided that he wanted to buzz his hair this time and so he talked Dylan into doing the same, or more like he just told Dave to do it!! Dylan's is usually short on the sides and top, but long enough on top to spike it a little. It had been about two months since Dylan's last hair cut, so his hair was getting pretty long. Dave cut it into a mo-hawk and then they came and got me. This is what I saw, I didn't even know that he was getting it buzzed, so I was a little shocked!! How can you see your son like this and not take a picture!! We all laughed and I took a couple of pictures and then Dave said let's keep it like this. I said "Absolutely NOT!!" I don't mind the buzz cut, once!, but the mo-hawk is not going to happen!! All the guys standing around were saying, "Come on Ang, just let him keep it!!" My response, "Nope, it has to go!!" Dave tried to talk me into keeping it for a week, "just one week Ang," but I wouldn't have it. So, eventually, he finished the job!

Above is the before, and below is the after! To start with, Dylan was not so happy with the new look. He wanted his spikes back! I told him that they will come back, but for now, he can be a little bit cooler! Now he likes it because he is like his dad, but he still wants his spikes back. It was funny to me how different it made him look. Yesterday when we were at church, I saw him from done the hall and it took me a minute to realize that it was Dylan. I don't hate it, but I like Dylan with his spikes, so they will be back!!

The other day, I went downstairs and this is what I found. Lauryn and Dylan were trying to keep Jaxon happy while I got some stuff done. Dylan dumped all the toys out of his block wagon and Lauryn put Jaxon in it. He was having such a blast! Dylan would pull him around the room and Jaxon would grin from ear to ear. It was so cute, and he was totally entertained. Yay!!

Friday night Lauryn, Katelyn and Dylan slept over at their cousins house. After Brady got home, he and I took the little two kids and went to my favorite place, Cafe Rio!! While we were there, the weather turned into a crazy, windy, thunderstorm with plenty of lightening to go with it. When we got home, it was starting to let up and this is what I found right over our house!! I love summer rain storms!!

It was so bright and so pretty! I could see the whole thing, the sun was starting to pop out from behind the clouds, just a little bit, and it made the trees and the rainbow so much brighter! It was so pretty to watch!

2 comments:

Lizabeth said...

Yes, that hair is wonderful!!! Made me chuckle...so cute. xoxo Lizabeth

Manny and Jana said...

Enjoy that picture of the mohawk Dylon b/c it probably will never be like that again! LOL Cute pictures...awesome rainbow! Love it!